What Type of Doctor Should I See for Thinning Hair? nyc new york ny

I would suggest that you see either a dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon that specializes in hair loss treatment. You should be checked for any metabolic problems, such as thyroid insufficiency or excess testosterone and/or DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Any excess stress or metabolic problems can cause hair loss as well. Of course, chemotherapy cause alopecia. Your hair
specialist doctor may refer you to your internist for a thorough examination.

If a hair transplant is warrented, I strongly suggest FUE technology (follicular unit extraction). The results, if done by someone skilled and experienced, will appear totally natural. We use NeoGraft FUE technology, but any FUE technique is effective if properly performed.